Monday, September 12, 2011

rolling power outages

we are green. ok, we're not. but we want to be green. i even got a green stripe for my first tatoo (against my peeps' wishes). we have solar panels. we recycle. we're trying to follow Trav's lead and leave a carbon wheelprint smaller than our bus, but our batteries still aren't talking to our panels, and boon docking at Walmart State Park has run us dry. so today we've said uncle and pulled into a campsite in Wall, South Dakota. it has a dog yard!  a fenced play pen for me and all my friends.  i want to stay here forever.

they roar and paw the dust and seem really, really mad

our rolling power outages keep me from telling the complete stories, but fast forward: bulls in Ellensburg. this is what the professional rodeo bulls do in their spare time. they squabble.  i'm just glad they didn't notice me staring from the other side of the fence.







ok, it looks like we're falling off...
that must be the Big Rock Candy Mountain
she's right. these roads are a bit steep...

another ascent
i'm a good traveler, if i do say so myself. with a name like Road
RunnerDog, i have a reputation to live up to. sorry i ended that with a preposition. if i say i have a reputation up to which i must live, i'll lose my followers. we've crossed Lookout Pass, Fourth of July Pass, and Stakeout Pass, and they were back to the roller coacher syndrome that makes 'leeeen have autoTourettes and yelp out accidental words and sounds. i just take it in stride. Rahhhn had to drive the 7% downgrade at 25mph.
wonder if there's a dog in that car...










so about the puppies i won't be having...no one told me my party was over.  Buddy and i had a plan for a large family.  yes, he's fixed, so he'd have to have a reversal, but we were game. but no. my peeps put an end to my dreams.  i've been depressed (a little) and brought my baby skunk dog (named flower of course). we whiled away the miles thinking of what might have been.

oh well...


i would have been a good mother...


                             








but ok. i got over it. this is my new pal, Hooligan. he's a professional show dog, except something about his feet pointing out keeps him from winning. go figger! his peep said i'd win a mutt contest because my prance is the best you've ever seen.
Hooligan is a beauty. He's a professional Dog.



back to walmart tomorrow with no power, and so many stories untold.

thanks to you, Buddy, Bear, Payton, Gita, Zeke, Nigel, Nikki, Olivia, Patchy, Pariah, Tucker, and my other peep friends. your support gets me through the challenge of leading my people all over this continent. dragging them across America is a full time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment