Thursday, June 9, 2011

talk about a road less traveled...

78 miles of a railroad right of way turned into a bike trail (that would be walking for us), from Coeur d'Alene to who knows where... wow, this is more like it.  we walked only three miles of it, but it's pristine wilderness.  i need bells on my harness to scare away the bears.  i pulled my people along the swollen streams, jumped on freshly fallen boulders, and we might just have to stay another day to do this again.  in these parts, the rv parks are a little underdeveloped, but ya' gotta be tough to be a world traveler.  unkempt is cool.  this area is known as Big Creek, but it believe me, the creeks are bigger than normal with flood warnings everywhere. as i gaze at the rushing rapids, i think of my idol, Seaman.  he, like me, led his humans through the wilderness. his people were Lewis and Clark, and i do fancy myself a mini-Newfoundland.  he braved the elements, he kept his humans safe, and i vow to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment