Saturday, June 4, 2011

wall, south dakota

the longest day ever in my life 7-1/2 hours of bump and sway and 450 miles, waaaay too much indoor rock and rollin'.  even my people are wiped out.  just because it was sunny and not stormy, we had to make time.  anyway, the silver lining in this cloud is that for the first time i experienced A Dog Park.  OMG this is a great invention.  an area where they take off my straight jacket, sit on the bench, and i can run without dragging them along at last.  i can chase butterflies and not be strangled by my leash.  i can chase birds without my straight jacket. Thank Goodness for this oasis of freedom.  i chased the frisbee for an hour, i ran like i've never run before (except before these people got me when i ran down the highway for quite a lovely time)--so the horribly long day had a great ending.  we can stay here Forever as far as i'm concerned. rumor has it that they want to see the Badlands up close and more personal, and Sturgis they much check out, and maybe re-visit Mt. Rushmore, so we may stay an extra day.  what the heck--we had two days packed into one today.  hope they never do that again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment